The Virginia Commission for the Arts announces a 5 p.m., March 1 application deadline for the Commission’s 2013-2014 General Operating Support for Arts Organizations and Project Grants.
Eligible applicants include Virginia organizations whose primary purpose is the arts and which have been incorporated in Virginia for at least a year.
Applications can be downloaded at www.arts.virginia.gov.
General Operating Support provides financial assistance to arts organizations for on-going artistic and administrative expenses. Applicants may be awarded funding for the one-year period July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014.
Project Grants support projects designed to increase high quality arts for all Virginians; to increase opportunities for artists to create and present their work; or to expand arts education opportunities for young people. Virginia not-for-profit organizations, units of government, or educational institutions that meet the Commission’s basic eligibility requirements are eligible to apply for matching support.
Eligible activities include:
• Commissions of new works of art
• Operating support for new and emerging arts organizations (organizations whose primary purpose is the arts, that are three years old or less, and that had a previous year’s income of less than $50,000)
• New or expanded arts education programs, such as artist residencies, workshops, classes, or summer arts camps
• New or expanded performances or exhibitions
• Services to artists and arts organizations, such as research studies, shared administrative and/or technical services, professional development workshops, and shared promotional materials
The Virginia Commission for the Arts supports the arts through funding from the Virginia General Assembly and the National Endowment for the Arts. The Commission distributes grant awards to artists, arts and other not-for-profit organizations, educational institutions, educators and local governments and provides technical assistance in arts management.
For additional eligibility information and other Commission requirements contact the Virginia
Commission for the Arts, 1001 East Broad Street, Suite 330, Richmond, VA 23219, (804) 225-3132,
or visit www.arts.virginia.gov.